Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rough Day at work

Have you ever had a project that should take an hour but ends up taking all day? I had one of those today. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong with moving 140 feet of fabric attached with bolt ropes did go wrong. Snags, rips, too much friction, broken pieces, unplanned interruptions...

We had to move an 11 ton aluminum structure twice while we were rolling in order to get enough slack to get the fool thing down. grrr.

A mere 7 hours later, (no to mention an unplanned break to bring steel angle-iron on board) we finally had the infill on deck and ready for the sewing machine and heat gun. Fortunately it is my last one (barring any emergency) so I can take my time fixing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had one of 'those days' today. Something that should have only taken an hour and a half tops, took me all morning and all afternoon. And, at the end of the day, I had nothing to show for it. The project wasn't even started yet. Let's just say that if you've ever seen the movie 'Office Space' and what they did to that printer/fax machine in the field with the baseball bat...those were some of the fantasies I was having today.