Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Got my Copyright

It only took about a month, but this week sometime, the US copyright office finally issued my copyright for my Literary Work. Unfortunately, it is none too literary, but at least it's on record. The work was registered for the bargin basement price of $35. Frankly, with what I pay for my other government documents, it really is a bargin, but they still take a month to do anything.

Anyhow, the book is called _Voyage of the TEXAS CLIPPER II: A Celestial Navigation Experience_. The book is my navigation notebook from when I was a junior deck cadet on board that ship sailing with the Texas A&M cadet corps. For non-navigators, it is incomprehensible as it is mostly mathmatical reductions of lines of positions from celestial bodies along with the plotting of those lines finding the ship's position and daily travels.

I have even found an "e-publisher" for the work. If anyone would like to see my terrible handwriting, and plotting work, feel free to download the .pdf file from this page: http://fer3.com/arc/img/Cel-Nav-Notebook-TEXAS-CLIPPER-II.pdf

Be forewared, it is just under 6MB in size, so might take awhile on dialup.

3 comments:

Joe Allen said...

Somebody has entirely too much free time on his hands...Why not visit your nephew?

Natasha Beccaria said...

Congrats Jeremy...

Anonymous said...

Crikey... looks complicated Jeremy! Congratulations on finding the e-publisher, best regards, Graham :)